Whether you are celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, getting ready for the holidays can be an ideal time to re-organize and de-clutter your home. The cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID suggest following these simple tips to help get you organized.
- Go through your seasonal decorations as you pull them out to decorate. Is it time to buy new candles? Are you done with that faux poinsettia? Create three separate piles: keep, donate, and throw away / recycle, and organize your decorations as you go.
- Don’t put anything you no longer like back into your storage containers. Keep only the best and most cherished decorations. One good rule of thumb to follow is: if you didn’t use it last season and you’re not using it this year, it’s time to get rid of it.
- Go through any greeting cards you saved from last year. Recycle the cards you no longer want, and keep the cards that contain heartfelt and meaningful messages.
- Review your storage containers. Are they the right size, and are they properly labelled? Labelling them correctly makes finding different items much easier. Pick up clear storage boxes, from your local department store, and use a dry erase marker to label them.
- Remember, less is more – less décor means less dusting and cleaning. Simplicity makes it easier to enjoy the décor you put out!