Spring cleaning is a big task but the professional residential cleaners at MOLLY MAID know there are strategies that can help get you motivated to get the job done.
- Plan a special dinner party. Inviting someone over can be a great motivator to get things clean – especially since it gives you a hard deadline. Looking around through the eyes of your guests can help you see the dirt more clearly.
- Change is always good. Rearranging a room is a great way to create a fresh perspective and find motivation to clean and organize. Change window coverings, buy a new rug, move pictures around. At the same time, seeing the results can cause cleanliness to spill over into other rooms in your home.
- Try a new cleaning product or method. Instead of looking at a chore as work, bring a new product or gadget to the table. A new cleaning mop or cleaning product with a natural aroma makes things fresh and fun.
- Buy a new piece of furniture. Finding a special piece of furniture for the living room or even your bedroom is great motivation to clean the room before you bring it home.
- Clear out clutter. Find a cupboard or room to clean of clutter. Put items into storage, take them to a reuse depot, or throw them out if there is no further use. The feeling of getting rid of unwanted items is invigorating. And you have a clean cupboard or room!