A 'stay-cation' (which means you stay local during your holiday time, rather than packing up and travelling somewhere else) can be just as fun for your family as a vacation away. It's all about being open to new ideas, getting creative and doing some research. Here are some ways to enjoy yourself (and save a bit of money too)!
- Plan a Picnic: Everyone will love having a good old fashioned picnic in a nearby park, conservation area or your own backyard. Be sure to bring some games and good food. Check out MOLLY MAID's Summer Picnic Guide for tips on a safe and delicious picnic.
- Get (a little) Lost: Pack a lunch, fill the car with gas and head out of town to discover quaint villages, pretty landscapes and farm country.
- Step Back in History: Kids love learning about the past when they are immersed in it. Visit an old fort or a living museum.
- Hit the Beach: Find the nearest lake or shoreline, pack swimsuits, sunscreen and a frisbee and enjoy a beautiful day on the beach.
- Become a 'Photographer': Use your digital camera – or smart phone – and take pictures of the family in exotic or fun places in town. Perhaps there's an outdoor square, a sculpture garden or a pretty harbour where you can set up some nice family photos.
- Have a Pizza Party: Pick up favourite fixings such as ready-made dough (check your local pizzeria or grocery store), mozzarella cheese, fresh veggies, pepperoni or bacon and prepared pizza sauce and pick a little fresh basil from the garden if you have it. Then, put on aprons and become a chef!
- Have a Pamper Party: Wear housecoats, put on moisturizing masks and give each other pedicures. Put cotton balls between your toes and be sure to choose fun nail polish colours.
- Hire MOLLY MAID: Treat yourself to a clean home from MOLLY MAID cleaning experts. It'll be easy to see the benefits of having your home professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Find your local MOLLY MAID now!