Mother's Day is May 12th, and the experts at MOLLY MAID suggest you surprise Mom by giving her a bouquet of flowers and by doing a bit of cleaning (of her most dreaded chores, the toilet). The best part is there's a quick and easy 'double duty' cleaning trick that you can use for both! All you need is a package of effervescent antacid tablets, such as Alka-Seltzer.
Shimmering Flower Vase
Once you have given your Mom flowers and a big hug, it's important to make sure you have a clean vase to put the flowers into. The Alka-Seltzer tablet will lift leftover bouquet residue from the bottom of a vase. Here's how:
- Fill the vase with warm water
- Add 1-2 tablets and let sit for a few minutes
- Swish the water and rinse
- Fill with fresh water and the bouquet of flowers, then put them somewhere you know Mom will enjoy them – maybe the kitchen table or the coffee table in the living room.
Cleaning the toilet is easy with Alka-Seltzer too:
- Pop 1-2 tablets into the toilet bowl and let the fizz attack stubborn stains for 10-15 minutes
- Give a swish around with the toilet brush
- Then flush – it's as simple as that!