Need a day off – with the kids?
When the weather outside is frightful, gather your children and do a fun activity together. Here are some great ideas:
- Play an outdoor game with inside rules.For example, for a game of balloon volleyball, use a long piece of yarn to create a net. String it across the room by tying each end to something, like a chair. Then, use a balloon for the ball. The ball can't break anything, and everyone will have loads of fun.
- Make a scrapbook.Collect personal photographs, pictures and words cut out from old magazines, magic markers and glue, and create your own scrapbook story.
- Bake a cake.Kids love to help out in the kitchen. Teach them one of your classic cake recipes. They'll be so proud – and will love the taste testing part!
- Catch a matinee-in your den. Find a movie that everyone loves – and enjoy it again cuddled together on the couch. Don't forget the popcorn!
- Play pirates.Hide a treasure before you play and make the game about hunting for it. Be sure to dress up in costumes too.
- Rainy Day Jar.Not sure what to do? Fill a jar with pieces of paper that have different activities that you and your kids come up with together. For example, 'play a game', 'build a fort' and 'play hide and seek'. This way when there's bad weather, there's also a jar full of ideas to enjoy!
MOLLY MAID house cleaners can help save you precious time by providing cleaning services; all the more time to spend with your family!