1) Sunscreen: Just because summer’s over doesn’t mean you should pack away the sunscreen. It protects skin from the sun’s burning rays all year around. But has it expired? The product should be stamped with an expiration date somewhere, usually at the bottom of the bottle. In general, it can last a year or two. […]
It’s a good idea to give garbage, recycling, and other garbage and compost containers a good clean a few times a year. Plan this chore for before the snow falls this year. Here’s a guide:
Small trash cans can be put in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. Your small compost container can go into the dishwasher as well.
Experts say the most neglected part of a bedroom is the floor – and in many cases, that means the carpet.
There is a lot more dirt in the carpet than an occasional once-over with the vacuum can deal with. Dirt, germs and dead skin (from you) often burrow deep into your carpet.
Here’s how to keep […]
Don’t let Thanksgiving spills get you down! Here are some cleaning tips to help you combat messes this Thanksgiving so you can enjoy the wonderful holiday with family and friends without the added stress. Here’s how:
Cranberry Sauce: Thanksgiving dinner is never complete without a cranberry sauce! Although cranberry sauce does wonders to sweetly flavour your […]
Ready or not, winter is on its way!
October is the perfect time to pull out your winter coats and make sure they’re nice and clean for the upcoming winter. Here are some helpful cleaning tips from the cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID to help you carefully clean your winter coat this fall season.
Wool Jacket: Check […]
When it comes to cleaning, there are many worldwide traditions that celebrate the cleaning and preparation of the home for fall.
Diwali, the Indian Festival of Lights, takes place every October. One important part of the festival is the celebration of the goddess Lakshmi who visits everyone’s home to spread wealth and prosperity. To prepare, they […]
Everyone has a list of cleaning chores they absolutely despise! However, by using these simple cleaning methods, the professional residential cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID will have you tackling these chores with ease.
The greasy stove hood filter: Fill a bucket with hot water and add a few drops of de-greasing dish soap and a ¼ […]
Now that fall is upon us, it’s time to cozy up your home for the cold weather to come. Here are some ways to keep your house warm, without cranking up the thermostat.
1. Close off unused rooms. Keep doors closed to rooms you do not use often. Close the vents inside the unoccupied rooms as […]
1. Rake leaves into a pile and jump in them.
2. Visit a local farmer’s market in your area to purchase seasonal produce.
3. Choose a day to go apple picking with your family. Use the apples to make a delicious apple pie –add ice cream too!
4. Create and design your own homemade Halloween costume.
5. Shop for […]
Sometimes it’s the little things in life that really make a difference. The same is true for cleaning your home. The professional residential cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID identify cleaning tasks that make a significant difference in the overall appearance of your home.
Removing cobwebs from your skylight: Tie a microfibre cloth to the end of […]