The professional house cleaners at MOLLY MAID are always faced with questions about cleaning challenges; one of the biggest is how to clean electronics.
Here's how to do it:
- Always check the owner's manual for instructions regarding the care and cleaning of electronic equipment such as the stereo, speakers, television, DVD player, etc.
- Dust the outsides of electronics with a soft dust-mop cloth. Don't use abrasives or solvents on metal.
- Use glass cleaner sprayed on a microfibre cloth to clean the top, sides and control panels and to wipe the shelf in front of stereo equipment. Never spray cleaning product directly onto home electronics.
- Spray the vents of equipment with a can of compressed air to remove dust.
- Wipe the dock of your rechargeable electronics with a slightly damp microfibre cloth.
- Clean remote controls with a damp microfibre cloth – wiping the entire surface including the front, back, sides and buttons. It's especially important to clean surfaces that we touch a lot, as this is where we transfer germs.
- Use a dry electrostatic cloth or sponge to dust screens of plasma, LCD and standard TV sets in long horizontal strokes starting at the top of the screen.
- To clean the frame and 'cabinet' of the TV, use a microfibre cloth to dust the top and sides. Use the soft-brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner to remove dust from the ventilation grills at the back of the TV.