Making sure that the products you use and the foods you eat are safe can be a challenge. The professional cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID recommend these guidelines:
- Expiry Date: 1 day
- Bacteria use damp dishcloths as a breeding ground so you should change your dishcloth every day. Microfibre clothes are a great alternative to a traditional dish cloth. Click here to find out why.
- Expiry Date: As soon as deep grooves or cracks develop
- When deep cracks or grooves develop it is difficult to properly clean and sanitize your cutting boards, and that can allow a build-up of food particles and bacteria.
- Expiry Date: 2- 4 days
- Leftovers shouldn't sit in your fridge any longer than a few days. They need to be kept at a temperature of 4 degrees Celsius or colder.
- Mustard Expiry Date: 1 year
- Ketchup Expiry Date: 6 months
- Mayo Expiry Date: 2 months
- Remember, the law only requires expiry dates on products with a shelf life of 90 days or less, so not all products will be marked with a 'best before' date.
The general – and safe – rule of thumb is: “When in doubt, throw it out“. The above mentioned guidelines are recommendations only. Refer to the manufacturer's guidelines for exact dates of individual products purchased.