Undoubtedly, the warmer the summer, the stickier it can become. From cool treats like sliced watermelon and popsicles, to camping favourites like s’mores and roasted marshmallows, fun in the sun can quickly become a hot mess! Be prepared this summer with your very own DIY hand sanitizer. Get creative and make one for each member of your family, infusing their own personal scent. With an array of recipes online, take your pick. Or try our pick from Good Housekeeping magazine. Vodka, aloe vera gel and essential oils are all you need for this nontoxic, bacteria-busting spritzer.
- Vodka (packs the germ-killing power)
- Essential Oils (lavender and tea tree oil are a great antibacterial pair but, if the scent of tea tree oil is too strong, lavender and peppermint also make a great combo)
- Aloe Vera (for its soothing properties to keep skin from drying out)
- Using a small 1-2 ounce spray bottle, fill the bottle 1/4 to 1/3 of the way with vodka.
- Add your essential oils, 10 to 15 drops each.
- The final step is simple. Fill the bottle the rest of the way with your aloe vera gel and shake well!
Photo by Mareefe