Is it time to wash the outside of your car?
Always wash it in the early morning or late day (directsunlight or heat can cause the soap to dry on the car before you can even wash it off), and don't wash the car near a dusty road or under a tree where buds, bugs, and leaves can fall and stick its surface.
Here are 7 tips to make your vehicle sparkle:
- The cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID recommend that you assemble everything you need first: a hose with a nozzle with enough pressure to spray the car, two buckets of water (one with special car soap mixed in and one just plain water), and a few clean mitts or microfibre soft cloths.
- The next step is to wash the wheels with the hose – they contain the most dirt and debris. If you have a cleaner specific to tires, use it. Use a microfibre cloth or chamois to help clean.
- Spray around the wheel wells, as well as the undercarriage, to get rid of brake dust.
- Spray the entire vehicle with water to rinse away surface dirt and to give it a good coating of water.
- Lather up a clean mitt, microfibre cloth or chamois in the soapy water. Clean the surface of the car, starting from the roof. Use the mitt to make one swipe, flip it over to swipe again and then rinse it (you want to rinse away any debris so it doesn't scratch the surface). As you finish each section, give that area a rinse. Clean the back of the car last.
- Once you've washed up each section of the car, remove the nozzle from the hose and use the free flowing water to rinse the vehicle. Start with the top and again, work your way down, making sure you don't leave any soap behind.
- Use a clean, dry chamois or microfibre cloth to gently and thoroughly dry the vehicle.