Off on a road trip? If so, there are a few sanitary tips you should keep in mind while traveling. Although road trips can be fun, we tend to pick up more germs in public places, and therefore, it’s important to get into the habit of washing your hands not just regularly but also properly.
While hand sanitizers will do the trick, it is very important to take the time to wash your hands under running water when possible.
- Wet your hands with warm or cold running water.
- Apply soap (liquid, bar or powder).
- Lather well. Make sure to wash the back of your hands and in between your fingers too.
- Rub hands together vigorously for at least 20 seconds.
- Rinse under running water.
- Dry hands with a paper towel, or air dryer.
- If possible, use a paper towel to turn off the faucet and open the bathroom door.