It’s important to clean your make-up brushes on a regular basis. After prolonged use, make-up brushes accumulate dust, bacteria, oil, and dead skin cells which, eventually causes the bristles of the brush to harden. For maximum efficiency and cleanliness, the professional cleaning experts at MOLLY MAID suggest cleaning your make-up brushes every few weeks. Here’s how.
- Wet the brushes under warm water so that the bristles are facing down. Avoid wetting the base of the brush, where the bristles meet the handle, as much as possible.
- Dispense a small amount of baby shampoo into the palm of your hand, and swirl the bristles around in the shampoo. Continue this process until you have created a lather.
- Rinse the brush in warm water to remove the soap.
- Gently squeeze the remaining water out of the brush. If the water still looks unclean, repeat the cleaning process a second time.
- Use a dry microfibre cloth to dry up the excess water, reshaping the bristles of the brush in the process.
- Lastly, leave the brush out for an additional six hours to air dry before using.