Having a decorated tree in the house is a wonderful way to celebrate the season. There’s often a family tradition around getting the tree and, of course, decorating it. What would Christmas morning be without one?
In recent years, artificial trees have become more popular; however, there are definitely advantages for selecting each type of tree. Here is a list of pros and cons to help make your decision easier this holiday season.
- Cutting down a Christmas tree can be an annual family tradition.
- A real tree has a fresh natural scent.
- A real tree has a unique and full shape.
- There are many different types of trees to choose from.
- The tree needs constant maintenance and watering.
- It can bring pests and bugs inside your home.
- A real tree loses its needles frequently, which requires regular clean up.
- It can only be left up for a limited amount of time.
- Transporting the tree can be a hassle.
- Take down and disposal is a lot of work.
- It’s a time saver. You don’t have to spend time searching for the perfect tree.
- An artificial tree is cost effective, as there’s just a one-time purchase.
- It is reusable each year.
- They are readily available for purchase at many local department stores.
- It’s easy to assemble – and store away.
- A fake tree is maintenance-free.
- Clean-up and take down is simple.
- A fake tree does not have a unique and full look.
- It requires storage space.
- It doesn’t have that nice, fresh smell.
- You don’t get to experience that family fun of picking out the ‘perfect’ tree