1. Spiders help keep your home, yard and garden free of insects such as earwigs, cockroaches, flies, mosquitoes and other spiders.
2. Spiders help prolong plants by protecting them from harmful insects.
3. Spiders are a source of nutrients for other animals such as birds, reptiles, small mammals and other spiders.
4. Some spider venom has been used in the field of medicine.
5. Synthesized spider silk is used in parachutes and bullet-proof vests.
6. Spiders are a sign of good luck in many different cultures.