It's really never too soon to teach children about being clean in the washroom. Everyone in the family should have a turn at cleaning the toilet, which should be cleaned at least once a week.
Here's how MOLLY MAID cleaning services leave it clean and shiny – in 10 easy steps.
- Wearing rubber gloves, lift the lid and use the toilet brush to clean the inside of the toilet bowl. Clean under the rim where dirt always collects around water holes and down the sides. Flush toilet and spray with bathroom cleaner.
- Wipe the top of the tank and any items on top of it. Clean the sides and front of tank.
- Clean the lid, the seat, the ledge and the hinges behind the seat. Clean the front of the toilet.
- Lift the seat, wipe underneath the rim, outside of the bowl and down to the base. Clean carefully around the base.
- Wipe under the tank including the water intake valve. A grout brush may help to clean around the hinges, floor bolts and base of the toilet on the floor.
- Clean any walls beside or behind the toilet.
- Clean the outside of the bowl working your way down to the floor. Clean around the base.
- Don't forget to clean the flush handle of the toilet with soapy water – most people rarely wash their hands before they flush.
- Wipe the floor around the base, the chrome shut-off valve, and under the tank.
- Wipe and replace the toilet brush holder (be sure the holder is clean too).
Once you're done, place the used cloth aside for the laundry.
*ALWAYS CLOSE THE TOILET LID – THEN FLUSH: Flushing the toilet can cause particles to spray out of the toilet bowl and land on your skin or reach even further to surfaces such as the bathroom sink and anything on it (like your toothbrush). Make it a family rule to close the lid before flushing.