A toothbrush is not only an essential tool for cleaning your teeth, they are also quite handy for cleaning other items and areas in your home. Here are five cleaning tasks you can use a toothbrush for.
- Remove corn silk: Use a clean toothbrush to remove stray threads of silk from freshly shucked ears of corn. The bristles will help get rid of the threads quickly and efficiently.
- Crayon on the walls: If your kids have used crayons on the wall, add a bit of non-gel toothpaste (brands that are infused with shaving foam or baking soda work best) to a toothbrush and scrub away the crayon marks. Wipe the surface with a damp microfibre cloth, then buff dry.
- Cheese grater: Give the teeth of your cheese grater a good scrub with a toothbrush, and a solution of dish soap and warm water. The toothbrush will be able to remove cheese from those hard to reach places.
- Veggies: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean mushrooms and other soft vegetables before cooking.
- Clean nails: If you’ve got dirt and grime under your nails, add a bit of liquid soap to a toothbrush and use it to scrub your nails clean.